Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Bright Sunshine Cafe-y Day

Sunshine Cafe on 12th and Mountain is a welcome new addition to the Albuquerque food scene. I say new, but in actuality, it's probably been there for close to a year now. It's located in the same lot as a laundromat, so if you need to multitask, bring your dirty duds and hit the cafe while the washing machines work their magic.

Sunshine is open breakfast-dinner, but has mostly breakfast and lunch foods. You know, salads, sandwiches, quiches and such. They also have a mini "market" of random foods that you can buy and stock the pantry with. Their sandwiches are all awesome (I'm chowing down on the roast beef sandwich leftovers from last night as I type) and they come with a few pickled veggies on the side. I know, I am not normally a pickle person...or even a pickled carrot or cauliflower person. But seriously, guys, give these little veggies a shot- they are awesomely good.

Sunshine makes their own goodies, so be sure to try them out (I'm a fan of their chocolate raspberry scones and their daily quiche specials). They serve good coffee, but even better is their tea selection since they buy from ABQ Tea Company right across the street...and David is the supplier of amazing teas. I have enjoyed every iced tea I've tried there.

Sunshine is mostly populated by local neighbors, and since you stand in line to order your own food, they move pretty quick and have a regular following. All in all, a perfect spot for a glass of iced tea and a treat...

No comments: