Monday, July 21, 2008

My Favorite Season...

...is, of course, Seasons Rotisserie and Grill (on Mountain and Rio Grande). More specifically, it's the bar at Seasons that I absolutely adore. I won't even attempt to discuss the downstairs restaurant as it's too pricey and I haven't eaten there in about 6 or 7 years. But the upstairs bar is a whole different story.

First, peruse their menu for a starter drink. Their margaritas and cosmos are good, and I would also recommend their drink of the day...it's usually cheaper and just as tasty. However, if you're looking to emulate me, go for the Berry Lemon Drop. These little guys are pricey, but oh so worth it. I should probably be able to list what's in one- unfortunately, off the top of my head, I can't. Suffice to say that they're tangy and refreshing, and there's something to be said about drinks with sugared glass rims.

Next, take a gander at the bar menu. Far cheaper (and far better) than the downstairs restaurant menu, the Seasons bar specializes in appetizers and sandwiches. For me, a trip to Seasons is incomplete without the calamari (arguably some of the best in town) and a caesar salad. They also have tasty shrimp dishes, asian ribs and waffle fries with chipotle ketchup. I'm a big fan of going to the bar with a few friends and then sharing a bunch of appetizers. To be honest, I've never felt the need to venture away from the appetizers, but I hear that the sandwiches are pretty good too.

If you have the time- and are not completely sloshed- order a coffee concoction and some dessert. I highly recommend their creme brulee or fresh fruit specials. There's just something so civilized about ending a meal with coffee and dessert, and at Seasons, it's well worth it.

During the summer, Seasons opens up the patio for dining and often has live music on the weekends. It tends to get pretty crowded (keep in mind it's very close to touristy Old Town), so try to grab a spot on the early side. Then sit back with a chilled drink and relax.

1 comment:

midwyfe said...

They also have one of the best single malt Scotch menus in town. I have two other comments: 1) Avoid Friday night like the plague unless you want to hang with the 20/30-Something crowd. 2) Seasons has such nice ambiance. I especially like how light the bar is and how lovely it shows off the copper fixtures, but the dismal gray patio is totally lacking in beauty unless you let your eyes wander to the fountain below.